Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Day of Firsts (6 months old)




Saturday was a big day in our household.  Baker had his first taste of real food....sweet potatoes.  You can see by his reaction that he wasn't quite sure about it at first, but he was smiling by the end of it.  I am "attempting" to make his baby food.  So far, it has been easy and it makes a ton for really cheap.  With working, trying to be a wife, keep my home somewhat tidy(which has been pretty impossible....and that drives me crazy), spend time with my husband and child, workout(yeah right), and most importantly have time with the Lord each day, my time is definitely stretched as far as it can.  We also had our "biggest snowstorm in 5 years" as the News said.  However, if you slept in, you missed it.  We enjoyed throwing on our play clothes and going outside in the snow first thing that morning.  Baker seemed to enjoy it and just laughed and laughed at our dog Maddie.  My how I am enjoying every minute with him.  As amazingly busy as my life has now become, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  He is mine and Josh's absolute joy and we are so thankful the Lord has blessed us with such a precious gift. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura
It's Darlene..Bryan forwarded me your blog of your precious little boy...I would love to see you and your family...
Hopefully I will be blessed with a grandchild someday..
You are a precious young woman and I am so glad I know you and your family
Darlene

Karen said...

awwwww...too cute. He looks like he really enjoyed them. He is getting so big. I think it has been a month since I have seen him...thanks for sharing all of the pics.

AND...I tagged you! You need to go to my blog to check it out. I know you have tons of free-time...hehe:)

Anonymous said...

I love the Bake Bake and the snowman! ADORABLE. I know you enjoy being off work to spend time with him! He is changing so quickly and growing into a little Josh! He looks like he would enjoy a little brother or sister though! haha